- General Information
- Automatic Alarms
- Resident Survey
- Emergency Management Office
- Make a Donation
- Drill Teams
- Photo Gallery
- In Memoriam
- Contact Us
Preparing Your Pets for an Emergency
BEFORE THE DISASTER
- Make sure that your pets are current on their vaccinations. Pet shelters may require proof of vaccines.
- Have a current photograph
- If you plan to shelter your pet - work it into your Evacuation Route Planning
DURING THE DISASTER
- Animals brought to a pet shelter are required to have: Proper identification collar and rabies tag, proper identification on all belongings, a carrier or cage, a leash, an ample supply of food, water and food bowls, any necessary medications, specific care instructions and newspapers or trash bags for clean-up.
- Bring pets indoor well in advance of a storm - reassure them and remain calm.
- Pet shelters will be filled on first come, first served basis. Call ahead and determine availability.
PET DISASTER SUPPLY KIT
- Proper identification including immunization records. Tape a copy of the animals records to their carrier or cage.
- Ample supply of food and water
- A carrier or cage
- Muzzle, collar and leash.
Contact your veterinarian or local humane society for information on preparing your pets for an emergency.
© 1893-2018 Freeport Fire Department. All rights reserved. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY - DIAL 516-378-0400